Today I wanted to talk to you about winter skincare as it is so hard to look after your skin when you are going from the warmth of your home to the freezing cold outside. I am going to share with you my 4 tips for winter skin which is also my skincare routine and it really keeps my skin looking great throughout the winter months.
Morning Face Routine
Now I know many of you maybe looking at my photo above and maybe thinking that these products are expensive. My answer to that is yes they are but I believe that it is important to invest in your skin, after all we only get one. I would rather go without getting the latest pair of shoes or handbag in order to invest in these products. Even if you only invest in to one of these products you will be so happy that you did.
1. When I wake up in a morning the first thing I do is wash my face with Estée Lauder perfectly clean multi action foaming cleanser. I love the consistency of this cleanser and you hardly need anything to wash your whole face, as they say a lot goes a long way. It foams up to leave my face feeling fresh.
2. Next I apply Estée Lauder perfectly clean toning lotion. It’s a great toner and picks up any unwanted dirt that the cleanser has left behind.
3. I then apply Estée Lauder Daywear. I fell in love with this day cream the first day that I used it. It leaves my skin feeling lovely and soft, it smells really good too.
Evening Face Routine
Now I live in London and anybody that lives here or who has visited will understand that at the end of the day your skin feels tried and clogged up with the dirt from this amazing city. When I get home, I like to wash my face straight away in order to feel refreshed and ready to relax on the sofa for the evening. So here is my evening skincare routine.
1. I repeat 1 and 2 of my morning routine.
2. I then take off my eye make up using Boots Essentials Cucumber Eye Make Up Remover Gel. I love this product because it is really cooling on the eye area but it is also a gel so it leaves your eyes feeling refreshed. I have tried other eye removers but they have left my eyes feeling sticky and greasy which is something I don’t like, so this gel works great for me.
3. I then apply an eye serum using my ring finger as this way I apply as little pressure to the sensitive eye area as possible. I use Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Eye Recovery Complex as it helps to protect the delicate eye area from environmental damage.
4. Next I apply Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex. I love this serum as it leaves my skin feeling smooth and once again a little of this product goes a long way. Like the eye serum it works overnight to repair the damage from the environment and minimise the signs of aging.
My advice to anyone reading this would be to invest in either the eye serum or recovery complex as this is a real investment and it is never too early or late to protect your skin.
I love nail varnish and painting my nails but there is nothing worst then winter weather damage. I love Aveeno Hand Cream as it smells great, absorbs in to my skin really quickly and best of all it moisturises for 24 hours.
I wash my hands lots of times throughout the day but it still works to keep dry skin at bay.
I also use cuticle oil as much as can as it is really good at protecting dryness around the nail area and making sure that my nails really make a statement for all the right reasons.
Lastly I wanted to share with you what I use on my lips as in the past, I use to forget about protecting my lips in winter (I know, I am really bad but I paid for my mistake) and I use to end up with really bad winter burn.
To help keep this at bay I use Blistex Moisture Max, it contains shea butter and aloe vera that leaves them feeling and looking soft. If I ever feel the winter burn coming on then I substitute this product for Lanolips 101 Ointment which acts as a moisture reservoir by holding 200% of its own weight in water to keep lips hydrated.
NB. Please note that all products mentioned in this post are my personal preferences and recommendations and this is in no way a paid advertisement.
Do you use any of these products? What do you think to them? Do you have any tips for winter skincare? I would love to hear your thoughts and if you for this post useful then please share it using the links below!